Before they start:
* Ask your child how she or he feels about school; and if he or she wants to talk about anything with the teacher.
* Reassure your child that this is all about helping each other – all of you, but especially the “little.”
* Have a short list of questions ready – maybe as simple as “Does my child participate, seem happy?” “What are our strongest and weakest skills?”
* Brush your teeth, chew some gum or a mint. Maybe even bring a new pack of peppermints for the teacher to share.
* Be on time – so you can relax, and be yourself.