There's a great obituary for an 85-year-old woman in Wisconsin named Mary "Pink" Mullaney. Why is it great? Maybe because her family filled it with lessons imparted by Mullaney in life, including, “Never throw away old pantyhose. Use the old ones to tie gutters, child-proof cabinets, tie toilet flappers, or hang Christmas ornaments.”
Some other gems:
- "Go to a nursing home and kiss everyone."
- "Put picky-eating children in the box at the bottom of the laundry chute, tell them they are hungry lions in a cage, and feed them veggies through the slats."
- "Never say mean things about anybody; they are 'poor souls to pray for.'"
- "Make the car dance by lightly tapping the brakes to the beat of the song on the radio."
- "If a possum takes up residence in your shed, grab a barbecue brush to coax him out. If he doesn't leave, brush him for twenty minutes and let him stay."
Read the full obituary here.