There’s a cliché that there’s no such thing as American food. But this list proves that’s NOT TRUE . . . and our food is GREAT.
An Irish newspaper just put together a list of American foods, quote, “that we would never eat.” Here are 10 of their picks, with their misguided justifications . . .
I take particular offense to #3 and certainly #8!
1. Pumpkin pie. “In Ireland, pumpkins are purely for aesthetic use.”
2. Pastrami sandwiches. “Too much [meat] for one sandwich.”
3. Sloppy Joes. “What the hell [is] a Sloppy Joe?”
4. Spreadable and Spray cheese. “What kind of sandwich requires spreadable cheese over sliced cheese?”
5. Tater tots. “If they were anything special, we’d have them here by now.”
6. Sno cones. “Ridiculously sweet.”
7. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. “They would never become a staple in Ireland the way that they have in the U.S.”
8. Deep dish pizza. “Why are the ingredients upside down?”
9. Kool Aid. “Making a drink from powder adds an annoying step with little pay off.”
10. Root beer. “This tastes exactly like cough medicine.”
(Here’s the rest of the list, including things like corn dogs, Twinkies, grits, sweet potato casserole, and Hershey’s chocolate.)