34% of Parents Like Their Pets More Than Their Kids?
September 7, 2019 7:01AM CDT
In our house, Ivy Boxer may call the shots many times, however, I would like to think my 13-year-old son outranks the dog! But then again, the dog may not smell as bad as a teenaged boy….
In a recent poll, 34% of parents said they prefer their pet to their KIDS. 78% said their pet is like part of the family. And 67% said their pet is their best friend.
There are many signs that signal that you might be too obsessed with your pets:
- They have their own social media account. 44% of pet owners said it’s over the top.
- You’ve thrown them a birthday party.
- You buy them a lot of clothes or accessories.
- You’d spend more on a special meal for them than you would for yourself.
- They sleep in bed with you most nights.
- You’ve worn matching outfits before.
- You’ve turned down an invitation, because your pet couldn’t come with you.
- You have more photos of your pet on your phone than any human being.
- You’ve taken them to a pet spa.
- You call them your “child” or your “baby.”