- REDUCE STRESS Kissing lowers your level of cortisol – the stress hormone – and elevates your serotonin – feel good chemical… Better mood, appetite, sleep, social life, sex life.
- BURN CALORIES Many studies suggest that kissing burns more calories than suspected (2-6 per minute); so it could help you with fitness or weightloss… at least a little.
- GET HAPPY Enjoy the oxytocin, dopamine and serotonin, which kissing provides. Kissing makes your brain trigger these chemicals, which encourage happy bonding.
- IMPROVE TEETH A great kiss increases your production of saliva, which helps rid your teeth of harmful bacteria. What a lovely rinse!
- LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE Kissing increases your heart rate in a good way, which dilates your blood vessels, according to author Andrea Demirjian, in ‘Kissing: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Life’s Sweetest Pleasure.’
- BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM Frequent passionate kisses will encourage an exchange of microbiological elements; which can help you diversify and improve regulation of your immune system.