The Sunday after Labor Day is traditionally when we honor the love only grandparents can provide; it’s National Grandparent’s Day!
Several studies over the years asked over 2,000 people what some of the best advice your Grandparents gave to them:
From the Philiosophical:
- Don’t grow up too fast
- Don’t take your family for granted
- If you are not 10 minutes early, you’re late
- Write everything down
- You can learn a lot by keeping quiet and watching
To the Realistic:
- Never trust men with beards
- Always carry a handkerchief
- Never go to the airport looking a mess, you never know who you might meet
- Don’t let the (bleep!*&^%$#) let you down
- Have a Rum and Coke!
- Don’t get old
My one grandmother lived to 101 – and she told me secret to life was to have a little bit of brandy every day!