The “Seinfeld” Instagram account recently polled fans on their favorite episodes and they released a ranking of the Top 30. Here’s the Top 10:
- “The Contest,” Season 4 . . . The characters compete to see who can go the longest without pleasuring themselves.
- “The Soup Nazi,” Season 7 . . . The one that spawned “No soup for you!”
- “The Marine Biologist,” Season 5 . . . George lies about being a marine biologist to impress a former classmate.
- “The Opposite,” Season 5 . . . George does the opposite of everything he’d normally do, after considering that every instinct he has in life is wrong.
- “The Merv Griffin Show,” Season 9 . . . Kramer turns his apartment into the set of “The Merv Griffin Show”.
- “The Boyfriend,” Season 3 . . . Jerry meets his idol, baseball player Keith Hernandez, but he just wants to date Elaine.
- “The Strike,” Season 9 . . . This is the “Festivus” episode.
- “The Chicken Roaster,” Season 8 . . . Kramer goes from annoyed to obsessed by the fast-food neon glow of the Kenny Rogers Roasters sign outside.
- “The Chinese Restaurant,” Season 2 . . . One of the first “episodes about nothing,” where the group is waiting for a table at a Chinese restaurant on their way to see a one-night showing of a movie
- “The Hamptons,” Season 5 . . . Jerry’s girlfriend accidentally sees George naked after he just gets out of the water, when he was a unfortunate victim of “shrinkage.”
This year is the 30th anniversary of the show’s debut in 1989.